Friday, October 30, 2015

Here Comes The Music Man!

The who? The MUSIC MAN! Well the Traveling Music Man actually. Education PCV Paul from the Southwest came up and visited five of the KFSP schools to do his Traveling Music Man Show.  His show is all based around positive living and loving one another. He did 8 shows in four days in the Fort Portal area and performed for over 2,000 students. Super Star if I ever saw one! Paul has been performing all over Uganda and it would be hard to not find a child who has not heard him or heard of him. Kids from all the schools and communities are still singing songs from the show and they will come up to me on the road and start doing the hokie pokie.

Kigarama -Doing Head Should Knees and Toes

Rweteera - Learning The Hokie Pokie

Kasiisi - Singing Along

Kigarama - P4 class with PCV Margurite and Paul

Lots of Laughing From Kyanyawara

A Rweteera Student Got To Strum Paul's Guitar
Paul and Patrick - Patrick Translated All But One Of The Shows


















Another Student Strumming the Guitar

Cheer For Uganda

Kiko - Clapping and Dancing Along

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katelyn. I've enjoyed checking out your blog! My name is Michelle, and I was one of the PC Blog It Home contest winners a couple years ago. I’d like to invite you to a six-week Blog Challenge I'm hosting to help PCVs “level up” their Third Goal blogs in the New Year. This is “phase one" for an online project I’m working on with the aim of helping bloggers to promote cross-cultural understanding. I'd be honored if you would visit my new site: http://BloggingAbroad.org, watch the video (or read the transcript if loading videos is a challenge), and sign up to join the adventure in blogging. Take care and happy blogging! Michelle

    ReplyDelete