Friday, June 5, 2015

An Anniversary!

Today is a big anniversary! One year ago today, I arrived here in Uganda to begin this amazing journey and I cannot tell you how happy I am that I stepped on that plane with 39 other volunteers and traveled across an ocean to arrive in Africa. Those volunteers who traveled with me have become close friends and a support over this past year and I am so grateful I have them all. I have learned so much about Uganda, Ugandans, working with non-government organizations, and also about myself this past year that it is amazing to look back at where I was just a 365 days ago. The year has been full of emotions and growth, it has been frustrating, tiring, joyful, and for the most part a wonderful experience.

I want to send out a big thank you to all of you who have read my blog and supported me this past year! I could not have done it without your support and kind words. I am very much looking forward to this final year or 14 months of service here in Uganda. I have lots of ideas and goals I want to accomplish and some more seeds I would love to plant before I leave. I looking forward to meeting the new PC volunteers that will come to Uganda to serve, say goodbye to those that will be leaving and also meeting the new volunteers that will be coming and going here at KFSP and in Fort Portal over the next months.

With that being said, on Wednesday, I will be flying home for a short and much needed vacation in America to see family and friends. I realized this week that I am really burnt out mentally and physically dealing with my org and also living here in Uganda and I need a break from it all so this trip comes at a perfect time. I will spend a most of my time in Minnesota before traveling to Colorado and spending time with friends and family. I am looking forward to recharging a little and not dealing with my org for a couple weeks. (I have a dream, I will not be answering emails for those three weeks but who am I kidding?!). Then I will return to Uganda to finish up my time here with style and hopefully work for the better.  

Again, thank you very much for all your support and love, I cannot tell you how much it means and it would have been hard to do it without it. I cannot wait to see what this next year brings.

Hugs and love from
Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment