Saturday, November 8, 2014

Short Update

Hiking In Kisoro


Hello Everyone! 

Sorry to be MIA for the last couple of weeks or I should say over a month - it has been a very crazy busy emotional and hectic time here in Uganda. October went by very quickly with lots of activities and planning for first term of 2015. I traveled to Kisoro in South West corner of Uganda for Peace Corps Uganda 50th Anniversary Celebration (new blog with photos will be up next month or whenever I have internet long enough to upload photos). I also was able to visit Queen Elizabeth National Park with 28 pupils and 28 teachers from the schools we work with on the environmental conservation field trip (again blog with photos will be up soon) got to see some amazing wildlife and lots of elephants and some wonderful people passionate about teaching and conservation. We also had a 4.5 earthquake at four in the morning on Halloween - BOO! I am fine if we never have one of those again.

This past week I attended Peace Corps In-Service Training in Kampala which brought together volunteers from my group and their counterparts for four days of crazy busy exhausting informational training. It was great seeing the volunteers I had not seen in a while and hearing all the challenges and successes they are having at their sites. We did shoot a music video for Christmas so keep an eye out for that around the Christmas holiday. Eve and I learned a lot and also got to go to TASO at Mulargo Hospital in Kamapla. The AIDS Support Organization or TASO as they call it, is doing some amazing work with and for people who are living with HIV/AIDs. The members are all dealing with HIV or AIDS. It was great to meet so many people who are passionate about helping their fellow man. Great experience. So like I said a short update on what has been happening. 

Will post again soon! Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment