Tuesday, October 21, 2014

What Can I Say… I Like To Read



I like to read and I read a lot since I have a large amount of time where nothing is happening in Uganda.  Thankfully, people here in Fort Portal and the West like to read and want to learn to read so there are a lot of books around. Here is a list of books I have read so far (I will continue to update as the months go on) since arriving in June of 2014. Some have the dates I finished reading them – I’ve been working on reading one book a week. 

My goal is to read over 200 books by the time I leave in 2016. Only 178 left!

*A book you should read
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  1. I Dreamed Of Africa – Kuki Gallmann
  2. The Color Of Water – James McBride*
  3. War Child – Emmanuel Jal
  4. Tips of Ugandan Culture – Shirley Cathy Byakutaaga
  5. Jane Eyre – Charlotte Brontë*
  6. Teaching English as a Second Language – David Chapman
  7. The Basic Of American Politics – Gary Wasserman *
  8. A Bend In The Road – Nicholas Sparks (4/9)
  9. While England Sleeps – David Leavitt*
  10. Human Rights Education (Reflection on Theory and Practice) – Fionnuala Waldron and Brain Ruane* (13/9)
  11. Unravished – Hester Kaplan* (15/9)
  12. Run – Ann Patchett*(20/9)
  13. The Book Thief – Markus Zusak (27/9)
  14. John Paul, The Great – Peggy Noonan
  15. The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind – William Kamkwamba* (24/10)
  16. The Lord Of The Flies - William Golding (26/10)
  17.  Saw You're One Of Them - Uwem Akpan* (29/10)
  18. Uncle Tom's Cabin - Harriet Beecher Stowe
  19. Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason - Helen Fielding
  20. A Heartbreaking Work of Staggerig Genius - Dave Eggers 
  21. A Life Of Blessings - T Y Lee (25/12) 
  22. The Vanished Man - Jeffery Deaver (27/12)

No comments:

Post a Comment