Sunday, July 6, 2014

Homestay 2014 - Hoima Style Part 2

The Firefly and The 4th of July


The other night as I lay awake unable to fall asleep, a firefly started blinking and flew around my room. After a few moments it started to do dive bombs and going in crazy circles. I realized it was because my computer and hard drive were both on and the lights were blinking. That poor confused firefly, I’m pretty sure it went on all night. Not sure he got what he wanted except a very tired blinker.

We hiked up the local hill which is a cell tower (photos) man I now know how the Tour De France guys feel climbing Alp Duez. It was about 70 degree incline for about a mile. An amazing 360 degree view of Hoima and the surrounding countryside.

It has been a very busy time but I have made some wonderful friends. my mama Amooti has her church in the front yard and Pastor Roy and his wife Rebecca have become fast friends. They have four wonderful children. I gave them my coloring books and crayons and they went crazy over them spending almost seven hours coloring. My also call me Aunty Kate.
Some Intense Coloring Taking Place
Princess Focusing On Her Picture

Sammie Very Happy

Roy Jr. Having His Picture Taken For The First Time

Two days ago we had our 4th of July celebration. While all the other volunteers are rafting the Nile the trainees spent the day cooking for our host families. It was a blast. It was a much needed break from language training and just to be able to chill and relax for a day well somewhat relax as we spent 6 hours cooking and 30 minutes eating but it was fun. I did miss the US, 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays for getting together and partying. Miss that a lot but being here with other volunteers was a blast.
Sunrise Of The 4th In Uganda


Emily and I Cooking Chocolate Chip Cookies In A Pan

Yummy Vegetable Kabobs!!

Our West Group Celebrating 4th Of July

Will write soon about the final week of Homestay! Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment